Greetings Thy Faithful Followers,
In case you were wondering, this week's post will be MUCH shorter...why might you ask?
1. We didn't go to Chicago
2. We've put off homework long enough...tonight could potentially be the night to be productive
3. Forget about #2, the Kardashians are on TV #trashytv
We're excited that this will be the last time we blog before we are in the SOUTH picking up foreign accents. This week won't be like any other pre-spring break week that we've ever had BECAUSEEEEEEEE we get to go outside :)
The turf at Carson Park is completely uncovered and the forecast looks beautimous (kinda)!!!
However, we did get to go outside last week for a brief 1/2 hour. After getting done what we needed to in the gym, we went behind McPhee where the Simpson football field was mostly uncovered to get our first "real" experience of catching fly balls!
This was shortly lived by the 32 degree temps, the wind and the sporadic ice chunks that needed to be dodged. It was entertaining to say the least...especially if you got short hopped and the ice chunk screwed you over like it did the titanic and SAT YOU DOWN. It was a fun little game of "duck and cover" and "fight or flight" if the ball hit the still frozen ground before you. We learned very quickly to catch it, or get out of the way.
Besides the chaos, we actually managed to get better! Nikki Brooks got to wear her visor, we all got to test out our cleats, and we all looked DASHING in the hats that were made for 6 year olds...or those who have a head the size of Ashley Meinen...
We also had Susan Krueger come and talk to us this week. She teaches human nutrition at UWEC and she came to give us a little advice on how to be the best athletes...as far as nutrition is concerned anyway...
Things we learned...
1. Chocolate milk is a grrreat recovery drink...pop tarts are not
2. Coffee is good for you...drink up! Until you get the jitters at least (we're working on that)
3. That steak you wanted to order? DON'T...
4 We're all beautiful, inside and out..
5. Popcorn is not a meal, but it's a pretty good snack!
6. Nobody's food logs got shut down more than ours' (M and M)
7. Sweet potatoes are better for you than mashed, white potatoes but won't taste nearly as good (that's our theory...from the extensive research and taste testing that we've done through governmental organizations...ie- we only eat white potatoes and aren't planning on changing)
8. Feel free to indulge in enormous amounts of pizza if you have calories left to spare at the end of the week...go heavy on the sauce...light on the pepperoni and something about whole grains was mentioned...but we tuned that out and got little Caesars instead :) logged it!
Anyway, we look forward to blogging while we're in FLORIDA!! We'll have many more stories from the plane ride since plane tickets are purchased alphabetically, and conveniently MEINEN and MULLER are right next to each other! (thanks Dona, Monte, D and T)..
Have a fabulous week...seeeeee ya when we're tan ya'll
Fun Facts of the Week:
1. Coach's lips turn blue when it's cold
2. Norway is leading the pack in number of whales killed per year. Russia is a close second...can't wait for sea world!
3. Our picks for celebrity grandmas are Julie Andrews and Betty White
4. If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
5. Karaoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese
6. The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley
That's all for today...deuces...
M and M